Wednesday 12 March 2014

Healthier Vegan Chocolate!



Chocolate.
Is there any better place to start a vegan food blog?

Not in my world!

Chocolate has always been my favourite thing. I mean, what's not to like? 

It's dreamy, creamy, and euphoric, like you could be whisked away on a cloud carried by angels after the first bite. 

And now you can have the healthier option for those moments when sudden mood swings strike, when you want to have a guilt-free treat, or when you simply need chocolate to keep the fabrics of the universe from unraveling. 

You know, we've all been there. 

This recipe is a vegan adaption of a recipe my friend gave me.
Hope you enjoy!

Easy Vegan Chocolate

Ingredients 


  • 1 cup of Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 cup Vegan Butter (I use Nuttelex, or you could simply use another 1/2 cup of Coconut Oil)
  • 1/3 cup of Avage 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract 
  • A pinch of Salt
  • 1/2 cup of Cacao Powder 
Bring a saucepan of water to a light simmer (you don't want the heat to be too high or it might burn the mixture), and place a large metal mixing bowl over the top. 
Add the coconut oil, vegan butter & agave to the bowl, and mix until it is melted.
Coconut Oil, Nuttelex and Agave being mixed together :)
Add the salt and vanilla, and mix until combined. Now you can add the cacao powder and mix until smooth. 


Now you'll need either chocolate molds, or a container/tin. You will need to use baking paper, if you're not using molds, so that the mixture doesn't stick. 
I used these cute heart and animal molds, tee-hee! ^_^
Spoon the mixture into the molds, and don't worry if you spill, I sure know I did! :P
Note: As you're spooning the mixture into the molds, be sure to stir the mixture in the bowl before ladling each spoonful, otherwise the chocolate mixture will separate and cause some of the chocolates to set this way (as I learned with my first batch). If this happens though, don't worry, they're still edible and delicious, they just won't look as nice as the ones which set properly :) 

Put the chocolate into the fridge for 4-6 hours (or overnight if preferred), or if you want a super-speedy option, put them into the freezer and they should be ready within an hour (depending on your freezer).


I made 46 chocolates from this recipes. 
Needless to say, my chocolate cravings will be satisfied for a while. Well, at least a day or two. :P Maybe.

I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
If you have any questions, or you would like to tell me how you went making these, then send me an email at, moonlight.shimmer.goldenage@gmail.com
I'd love to see how you went! ^_^

Note:
If you're looking for a few ways to use this chocolate, other than just eating it straight (and there's nothing wrong with that, believe me! :P) then here's a few ideas for you:



xo.
Moonlight.

3 comments:

  1. I like chocolate ^_^ This recipe is delicious and totally guilt-free, even you, like me, decide to eat all 46 pieces in one day >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have to say the texture is amazing - so smooth, it melts in the mouth like silk :D

    ReplyDelete